Time to introduce me and my orts with TUSAL!

"Hello, my name is Connie and I am a stash hoarder." Quick, simple introduction, and being honest with my shortcomings. Ha!!!

I am an occasionally chatty lurker from various message board communities relating to needlework/stitching. My commonly used handle (FeySidhe) on the boards is carried over for the title of this blog.

General purpose for this blog is a visual accounting for my ongoing rotation of projects, in progress and completed. It exists as proof of what I can do. Haphazard attempts with finishing will be included too...

I have to admit that previous attempts with maintaining a blog have been mixed a best.

Hence, I am including my work in the TUSAL challenge. A link for Daffycat's blog with the 2014 challenge is included in the sidebar. As part of the challenge, participants document their ORT collections based on their current work.

ORT or ortCapitalized, it stands for Old Ratty Threads, the cast-off thread ends a needleworker cuts away. These ends are often saved in clear jars as a decorative object. The word, "ort" does appear in the dictionary, meaning: a bit of something left over; usually concerning food. 

Stitching ORT cycles are based approximately on the lunar new moon.

Now, to the general accounting of my current stash of ORTs.


"Queen of Bumblebees"
Pangaea

Completed:

"Queen of Bumblebees"
designed by Terrence Nolan of Pangaea

Stitched on: 32 ct Autumn Blush vintage Belfast
"Sweets to The Sweet"
"Candied Confections" by Cross-Eyed Cricket

Completed:

"Sweets to The Sweet"
designed by Vicki Hastings of Cross-Eyed Cricket; published under "Candied Confections" (No. 253)

Stitched on: 30 ct Beach Plum linen from R&R Reproductions.

"Medieval Town Mandala" by Chatelaine

Work in Progress, otherwise known as WIP:

"Medieval Town Mandala"
designed by Martina Rosenberg of Chatelaine Designs

Originally distributed as part of an online class, Part 7 of 12 currently in progress.
Stitched on: 32 ct Griffon Lugana from Sugar Maple Fabrics

Now, any feedback is greatly appreciated. Readers help keep me accountable for my progress and I love to share what I can do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A method to express an interesting thought... display the work wrought of my own hand... and share with the world.

Followers

@Instagram

TUSAL

Connie Labby. Powered by Blogger.